Sunday, January 30, 2011

Arriving in Dubai

We descended into Dubai at eight in the evening and entered an airport that was reminiscent of scenes from Arabian nights. Elaborate torches, arched windows, and palm trees flocked sides of the walkways while men in long white robes patrolled the area. Smooth Arabic parted from the red lips of dark cloaked covered women and the sound of the slapping of sandals filled the corridor. Once we were in Dubai we realized we had not properly planned our two day layover. We were more focused on actually making our flights and getting in and out of Dubai than focus on the city itself. My mom gravitated to another American and within a minute we found a hotel, someone to help us with our bags, and a lunch date for the following day. I believe my mom holds high regards for the Marines in Afghanistan. So here I lie in my much awaited bed. I think sleep will find me tonight, as I hope to reload and set off for yet another unplanned adventure tomorrow. I’m much relaxed and comfortable in our room. Quite a luxurious budget hotel, but what else should I expect from Dubai?

No comments:

Post a Comment